Welcome to our Directory of lawyers who will work with family law clients on an unbundled basis. Each of the lawyers listed in the Directory has completed the training we offer on how to deliver unbundled family law services. Contact information for participating lawyers is included in their Lawyer Profile in the Directory.
Please note that Ontario’s Family Law Limited Scope Services Project does not endorse or recommend specific lawyers.
If you are interested in working with one of the lawyers in our Directory or otherwise, you should contact the lawyer to decide if they are right for you. When doing so, you may want to ask them about (i) their experience providing family law services, (ii) their general approach to family law disputes, and (iii) the fees that they charge for their services.
674 Kingston Road Suite 201
- Downey Law
Toronto, East Toronto, Beaches, Danforth, Leslieville, Scarborough
- Phone, Email, Skype, Other Zoom video consultations
- Hourly rate, Discounted hourly rate, Flat fee, Flat fee with conditions
I’m a family law lawyer and collaborative practitioner in Toronto, called to the bar in 2005. I worked in family law at a firm downtown before serving as counsel for a children’s aid society for much of my career. Now, I operate a solo practice and offer personalized services to families undergoing change.
No two families are the same, and an arrangement that’s right for one may be wrong for the next. Each case needs an individual approach, and I empower my clients to understand the law and make decisions that feel right for them, keeping things as simple as possible along the way. I offer independent legal advice with that sentiment in mind.
I frequently assist clients with various aspects of mediation, depending on their need. The unbundled services I offer to client in mediation include:
• Explaining the law and walking clients through the documents they’ll be talking about at mediation, such as Net Family Property Statements and DivorceMate calculations;
• Assisting with Financial Statements and financial disclosure;
• Coaching clients on speaking to be heard and how to present the most important points;
• Helping clients develop and evaluate settlement options;
• Attending a mediation session;
• Providing independent legal advice on the proposed settlement terms; and
• Drafting the Separation Agreement or reviewing a draft prepared by the mediator/other lawyer.
I'm located in the east end of Toronto, in the Upper Beaches neighbourhood (Kingston Road & Main Street). That said, these days locations matters much less as I work with many clients through Zoom.
I also offer free initial consultations via Zoom or in-person at my office.
My rates are reasonable and I'm very transparent about cost.
Learn more about my approach at https://downeylaw.ca.
Practice / Firm Information
Special Experience, Training and/or Skills